Would it be wrong to say that a lot has changed in the past couple of weeks?
We went from social distancing to full isolation. We are in a public health crisis. We are doing our part to “flatten the curve.”
Vast portions of the economy are harmed. What will be the fallout to the San Francisco housing market? Like 2008-2010? Worse? Or we rebound (the “V”-shape as it were)?
Here are my latest observations on the current state of the San Francisco real estate market in the era of COVID-19.
- Open houses and broker tours are verboten for the foreseeable future.
- Current escrows are subject to delays but appear to be on track for closing.
- Some buyers and sellers have put their plans on hold.
- Some buyers and sellers have not.
- There are a lot of rumors circulating.
You probably don’t want to talk about real estate right now. If for some reason that’s not the case, please reach out. It would be a welcome distraction from “home-schooling” twins. 🤯
Reporting from the home office,