Bernal Heights Garden Villa
Built in 1927, 166 Ellsworth is a two bedroom, one bath single family house with a bonus room and second WC. Snuggled into a magnolia tree-lined street north of Cortland Avenue in Bernal Heights, this updated home has a sun drenched backyard lined with flowering succulents and roses, offering unique architecture and space for growth.
Character begins in the living room where bay windows overlook Ellsworth Street’s spectacular mix of Craftsman and Victorian homes. The fireplace with stately hearth serves as a focal point in a room full of eye-grabbing features from the tray ceiling to the picture frame molding to the pencil width, blond, refinished hardwood floors. Across the formal entryway with a skylight is a formal dining room offering storage and views out onto the flowering garden.
The newly updated eat-in kitchen offers abundant space for preparing a meal and entertaining friends and family. Stainless steel appliances, ample counter space and a plethora of cabinets with room to navigate between prep and cooking areas. New floor tile, countertops, sink, faucet and light fixtures make the room shine. A bay window perfect for growing herbs brings in light and allows for views of the garden outside.
Walk out the side door to a deck and find the perfect place off the kitchen for a BBQ. The deck wraps around the back of the house and offers built in seating and views of McLaren Park’s verdant hill. Step down to a carefully cultivated garden dotted with flowering succulents, rose bushes, sweet jasmine and tree ferns. Enjoy the lush setting with family and friends, relax in quiet sunshine or soak up views of the City.
Inside, there are two bedrooms with closets and hardwood floors. The bathroom features bright white subway tile, new vanity, window, shower over tub and hexagonal tiled floor. Downstairs there’s a bonus bedroom with views of the garden and plumbing for a second bath, along with laundry facilities. The two car garage is full of storage potential or expansion.
This home is located in San Francisco’s Bernal Heights neighborhood, just two blocks north of the coveted Cortland corridor, where nicely maintained homes and tree-lined streets suggest a feeling of being away from it all despite its close proximity to the city’s center.
Here you’ll find Bernal Heights Park, for hiking, dog walking, playing, or taking in 360 degree views of the city, but also shops like Succulence, Goodlife Grocery and Heartfelt and destination dining like Red Hill Station, Piqueos and 3rd Cousin. Bernal Heights offers one of the easiest connections to the rest of the Bay, with quick access to 280, 101, BART and bike routes.
- 1 BA
- Large eat-in kitchen with lots of prep space
- Separate formal dining room
- Living room w/ architectural gas fireplace
- Pencil width hardwood floors, tray ceilings, picture frame molding and bay windows
- Bonus room in garage w/ separate WC and plumbing for second full bath
- Large garage with ample storage
- Garden backyard with winding path, views of McLaren Park and wrap around deck
- Sq Ft: 1,025 per floor tax
- Year built: 1927
- Walk score: 87
- Transit score: 75
- Bike score: 61
- Carefully maintained two bedroom, one bathroom, single family home.
- Eat-in kitchen featuring stainless steel appliances, lots of cabinets and ample counter space.
- Formal living room offering views of city through a bay window and stunning gas fireplace.
- Bonus downstairs bedroom overlooking garden with separate WC. Nearby plumbing lines offers easy possibility of a second full bath.
- Wrap around deck with seating peers out on the flat mature garden.
- Architectural details feature pencil width hardwood floors, original woodwork, picture frame molding and bay windows.
- Two car garage with laundry and lots of space for storage or expansion.
- Ideal location with quick commuter access to 101, 230, BART and bike routes.
- All new interior and exterior paint.
- Brand new roof.
- Sat 9/2, 2-4pm
- Sun 9/3, 2-4pm
- Tue 9/5, 2-3:30pm
- Thu 9/7, 5:30-7pm
- Sat 9/9, 2-4pm
- Sun 9/10, 2-4pm
- Tue 9/12, 2:30-4pm
Co-listed with Michael Minson. Contact them for more info.
Proudly presented by Danielle Lazier + Associates and Compass Real Estate and Keller Williams San Francisco.