Earlier this week, Danielle Lazier was invited by a client to give a Home Buying Brown Bag Lunch presentation at EHDD Architecture. Along with Phillip Cannon, a top broker at Guarantee Mortgage, Danielle met with several employees at EHDD* and talked with them about San Francisco home buying. Danielle described the role of the Real Estate Agent, revealed some of her secret sauce that makes buying a home in San Francisco an enjoyable process and discussed the current climate for home buyer’s in San Francisco. Philip handled the financial side of things – he talked about mortgages and rates and fielded questions about down payments and what’s involved in pre-qualifying for a home loan.
Here are the touchpoints from the presentation:
- The process of getting pre-approved and the benefits of securing pre-approval before you start your home search
- How Real Estate agents work: how agents get paid, the services a buyer’s agent provides, why it’s best to be represented by your own buyers agent (and not the listing agent)
- How to choose a Real Estate agent
- Getting your offer accepted in the competitive San Francisco real estate market
- Home buying and escrow timelines
- Predictions for the San Francisco & Bay Area real estate markets
- The ever-present specter of “low inventory” in San Francisco and the Bay Area
And here’s a peek at Danielle and Phillip in action:
*Have you been to the Exploratorium since it moved to Pier 15 in San Francisco? If you have, then you’ve been inside an EHDD designed building – one of their most recent projects and quite a fabulous one at that!